We had a number of discussions around the apps.ie launch. Here's the salient points. Please add to the discussion if you wish.
1. Aim is to launch around 18th.
2. We would like to get some press, and if possible some radio coverage to match the launch.
3. Should we do a launch event? Science Gallery may be willing to supply the venue.
For press, we agreed that the angle to take is "in these difficult times, look how a number of independent developers have worked together to collectively raise awareness of their work"
In terms of Actions
1. I've already spoken to Adrian Weckler, who writes the technology section in the Sunday Business Post. He liked the angle - I've to follow up tomorrow.
2. Anyone know anyone in radio (preferable national)? I'll ask Keith Bohanna how we made it on to the business show on Today FM, but anyone other ideas, please speak up.
3. I believe Silicon Republic were also interested
4. Paul Reilly is to talk to John Murray who presents on the business show on RTE
5.Matt mentioned that Marie Botan is interested - Matt; Can you take this up?
Of course, we'll need to flick the switch on the website once we decide on the date.
Guys....please add to this discussion if there's a way you can help, etc.